Sells new and/or used heavy-duty trucks in accordance with established profit and unit count objectives.
- Sells medium- and heavy-duty trucks.
- Assists customers in selecting/ordering trucks by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect the sale of new and used medium- and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Meets or exceeds objectives for new- and/or used-truck deliveries established by the dealership.
- Uses all reasonable methods of prospecting for new- and used-truck customers on a daily basis, either by telephone or by making calls to individuals and businesses outside the dealership.
- Prepares and turns in to the truck sales manager outside sales call reports, listing who was called, what units were quoted, and units available for sale, if applicable.
- Provides follow-up and ongoing service to existing customers.
- Offers service to all walk-in and call-in customers on assigned floor days.
- Demonstrates new and used trucks to customer. (May include test drives.)
- Closes new- and used-truck deals.
- Writes complete and accurate sales orders, secures deposits, and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Prepares purchaser statements.
- Delivers new trucks, explaining new-truck warranty and service policies.
- Attends sales and training meetings.
- Studies truck and equipment specifications to improve knowledge of product performance and application continually.
- Appraises used trucks when necessary.
- Collects accurate and complete financial data on customers when necessary.
- Maintains professional appearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Must be able to apply common sense, understand and carry out work direction and provide instruction.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License (class B) or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Ability to pass DOT drug screen and physical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will be required to sit, sit walk and occasionally stop, kneel, crouch or climb.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractorâs legal duty to furnish information.