Track Equipment Operator
The primary responsibility for this position is to assist in maintaining the dirt track surface.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate tractors, water trucks and equipment to maintain/groom the dirt track.
- Responsible for reading, observing, enforcing and understanding all safety rules for safe operation for each piece of equipment.
- Maintain tractors, water trucks, equipment and tracks.
- Must use sound judgement when using equipment around the horses.
- Operate horse ambulance and backup horse ambulance.
- The ability to learn the dirt track grooming patterns for the various types of races and distances.
- Work with alongside turf crew (divot crew) and help on turf track when necessary (includes mowing turf track and moving turf rail).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- On the job training/past jobs related.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management is a must.
- Must be able to attain an MRC license and meet the standards of the Safe Drivers Plan. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Experience operating tractors, water trucks, skid loaders and weed whip preferred.
- Have the able to work independently
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position must be able to work in an outdoor setting under all weather conditions.
- Flexibility of schedule is required. Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays during the live racing season (May-September).
- Be comfortable with heights up to 80 ft. when using lift equipment.
- Use of ladders up to 12 ft.
- Be comfortable on flat roofs up to 100ft.
- Able to lift and work with 50lb loads for 4 hours.
- Able to climb 5 flights of stairs.
- Able to work with racing department, horsemen, vets and other crews.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.