Location: St. Paul Campus - 200 University
Hours: 0.875 FTE
This position will contribute to the work of the surgery team through direct care and by coordinating surgery service needs. Incumbents in this position, under the direction of a Registered Nurse (R.N.), participate in the delivery of patient care which maximizes outcomes in a manner consistent with the hospital’s and department’s mission, philosophies and in accordance with professional practice standards. Incumbents ensure safe, patient care during a surgical procedure through the use of appropriate planning and implementation of services.
The Surgery Service Coordinator (SCC) will coordinate specialty surgical service needs to ensure a well prepared intra-operative environment with optimal outcomes for our patients.
Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served at Gillette; however, in all positions, serving patients with challenging and complex conditions requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
• Graduate of school for surgical technologies
• Current certification as a Surgical Technologist
• Demonstrated significant knowledge & competence of O.R. procedures, standards and
equipment to specialty services.
• Must be able to commit to a .75 FTE or greater with the flexibility to adapt work schedule as needed to meet the needs of the department. Must be able and willing to work 10 hour shifts.
• Must be able and willing to work hours required, this includes the need to work 10 hour shifts.
• Demonstrated leadership, team building, organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated skill to navigate a variety of computer system applications.
• Demonstrated skill in interpersonal communication as related to patients, families, coworkers, physicians and others
• Interest in working with children and adolescents with disabilities and their family
• Physically able to transport patients
• Current CPR certification – BLS per the American Heart Association Guidelines
• Prior experience as a surgical service line leader.
• Prior experience in pediatrics
• Prior experience as a Surgical Technologist