Senior Firmware Engineer
At Open Access Technology International, Inc. (OATI), your career is always on the move. Our employees have expertise across diverse verticals and technology platforms. OATI combines the agility of a small company with the stability of a large company. We have built a nurturing and rewarding culture diligently over the last 20 years. Our work culture is collaborative and we encourage every Team Member to go beyond their defined roles and learn more. If you are looking for an energetic, challenging, and rewarding career, then OATI is the place to be! To learn more, please visit our website at www.oati.com.
OATI is seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer with experience defining, designing, validating and working through system test challenges for microprocessor and microcontroller based systems for openings in Minneapolis, MN. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of work experience in this area. Experience with 32-bit ARM based microcontrollers and related tools and debuggers is essential. Ability to use logic analyzers and oscilloscopes to facilitate firmware/system debug is desired. Additionally, having experience with wireless protocols (ZigBee, SubGHz, custom) is desired. Required to support the effort to create production functional test solutions with supporting firmware and software. Comfort in reading data sheets and reference manuals and understanding expected hardware behaviors is essential.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience firmware for microprocessor/microcontroller based systems
- 3+ years of experience implementing drivers and low-level wireless protocols is desirable
- Experience with embedded RTOS configuration and implementation required
- Experience with embedded TCP/IP stacks and higher level protocols and security services
- Experience with USB Stack integration on embedded microcontroller systems
- Experience in translating functional design requirements into high quality and testable code is essential
- The ability to use standard IDEs for implementing and testing embedded firmware on microcontrollers
- Ability to understand electronic schematics and use logic analyzers and oscilloscopes for debugging and testing is required
- Experience with implementing or customizing bootloaders is desirable
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
OATI offers full time employment with competitive salary and benefits, including 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, and excellent health and dental insurance programs, as well as a career with growth and stability. Applicants must be self-motivated, energetic, and willing to work in a team-oriented company.
To apply please send resume to OATI Recruitment by clicking the "Apply for this job button."
OATI is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, or protected Veteran status.