Seasonal Irrigation Tech
The primary responsibility for this position is to maintain a safe racing surface on the turf track.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the Turf Supervisor with watering the turf track and festival field with the Toro irrigation system or by hand with hoses or water truck after races and at night.
- Assist with installation or extensions of existing system.
- Help the turf and track supervisor when necessary.
- When needed, assist with filling divots on turf track, mowing, weed whipping and moving the inner turf rail.
- Help other crews as needed including housekeeping, track crew and grounds.
- Perform other duties as instructed.
- Assist Turf Supervisor and Track Superintendent in managing the Turf Crew
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- On the job training/past jobs related to working with a large irrigation system.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair existing system.
- Must have experience operating the following equipment; power trenchers, bobcats, loaders, cable locators, aerators...etc
- Must be able to attain an MRC license and meet the standards of the Safe Drivers Plan. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Have the able to work independently
- Knowledge of fertilizers, herbicides and turf grass a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position must be able to work in an outdoor setting under all weather conditions.
- Very physical job and you must be able to work on your knees for extended lengths of time.
- Flexibility of schedule is required. Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays during the live racing season (May-October).
- Requires frequent wrist or hand use
- Requires frequent stooping, twisting, squatting, crawling or kneeling.
- Able to lift and work with 50lb loads.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.