RN/LPN Per Diem Home Health
What We Do:
Gulf Coast Village is the premier Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Cape Coral, Florida. Independent Living offers an unparalleled lifestyle of comfort and convenience, with a rich array of services and amenities that are focused on living well. Of course the complete security of a full continuum of health care, if ever needed, is always available, including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Specialized Memory Support, Home Health and Outpatient Services.
What We Are About & What We Expect:
Gulf Coast Village is dedicated to our Service Vision of providing Exceptional Care and World Class Hospitality. Our CARE Core Standards represent: Courtesy, Attention to Detail, Responsiveness, and Enthusiasm. We expect all of our team members to share in our dedication to our Service Vision and Core Standards.
What You Can Expect from Us:
Full Time Staff: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO)
Full and Part Time Staff: Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Funeral and Jury Duty Leave, Toll Bridge Reimbursement, Direct Deposit, Fitness Center, Blood Donor Program and Appreciation and Recognition Programs
More Than a Job: Working here at Gulf Coast Village, our team has the opportunity to serve others. Having a mission, purpose and vision gives meaning to our lives. It provides a reason to go to work beyond a paycheck. We work together as a team in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and fun!
If you feel that you are a qualified applicant and want a rewarding position enhancing the lives of others and supporting our Service Vision, we invite you to consider this opportunity:
REGISTERED NURSES/LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSES (Per Diem)
Performs skilled nursing functions in accordance with the federal, State, and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization and agency. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices and practices and state Nurse Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY INCLUDE
- Provides professional nursing care, communicates appropriate status/condition changes per agency guidelines.
- Provides skilled nursing visits for clients
- Follows the care plan
- Recognizes and reports changes in client condition to nursing staff and physician, as directed.
- Communicates information on a timely basis, consistent with agency policy and urgency of the situation. Communication is verbal, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record.
- Scope of clinical practice includes personal care services, assessment of findings, medication monitoring and administration, client teaching, emergency intervention, and nursing services within professional scope of practice and as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Makes recommendations on improvement of safety.
- Performs job in compliance with agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Accepts responsibility for professional nursing role.
- Follows applicable state ad federal laws and agency standards.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Refrains from discussing client or staff identities, conditions, or circumstances in public or with others who do not have a legitimate interest in the person.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Agency Quality Improvement Program and pertinent activities.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Come Grow with Us!
The population continues to age and Gulf Coast Village is growing to meet the needs of seniors. Our future includes a brand new Assisted Living building next to our existing Santa Barbara Boulevard campus as well as the expansion and remodeling of our skilled rehab center. We are also planning to develop a new CCRC campus in Estero. And through our Home Health and Senior Choice at Home programs we will be increasing services in the home and in the community. All of these initiatives will help us to deliver the best senior living programming to meet a diverse set of needs within our region. The future looks bright--we want you to be a part of it!
To apply for this job go to: http://care-profiler.com/CareProfiler.php?customer=314
Gulf Coast Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current license to practice in the state of Florida.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- CPR certified.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Current driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation.