Respiratory Therapist - Registered
Location: St. Paul Campus - 200 University
Hours: On-call position. Three shifts per month required, including one night/weekend shift.
Plans and delivers the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, education, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system as well as on the prevention of the development of these deficiencies.
Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served; however, in all positions, serving patients with challenging and complex conditions requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Care
- Must be registered and maintain this registration and license
- Must be licensed with the state of MN and if a new graduate able to obtain temporary
- licensure until able to receive permanent licensure within 1 yr of hire
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, is imperative
- Ability to analyze problems and formulate solutions quickly
- Must be accurate, thorough in all therapy modalities and operation of equipment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is mandatory at time of hire. Pediatric Advanced Life
- Support (PALS) is required within one year of hire
- Respiratory care therapists with temporary licensure are limited to working under the direct supervision of a registered respiratory care Therapist or physician able to provide qualified medical direction. The respiratory care therapist or physician must be present in the health care facility or readily available by telecommunication at the time the respiratory care services are being provided. A registered respiratory care therapist may supervise no more than two respiratory care therapists with temporary registration status
- Experienced preferred but willing to train candidate with good decision making and critical thinking skills