Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (Automated Equipment)
This position will perform intermediate troubleshooting to repair and maintain all manufacturing equipment as well as new equipment installation; works with limited technical guidance & may provide work training to less experienced maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs and maintains manufacturing equipment on a daily basis.
- Diagnose mechanical problem and identify long term solution to eliminate recurrence.
- Installs equipment ensuring that necessary safety standards are adhered to.
- Documents maintenance or installation work performed for submission to MPulse.
- Manufactures parts for existing machines as needed.
- Ensures that machinery is set up and ready to run in accordance with production schedules.
- Keeps department work stations and storage areas orderly and as clean as possible.
- Assist in the completion & revisions of Preventive Maintenance tasks and documentation required in the Maintenance Dept.
- Maintains maintenance stock supplies & reorders as required.
- Provides training to less experienced maintenance staff as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Some college or technical training preferred. .
- 3 - 7 years experience working as a maintenance mechanic in a Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) environment. Preferrably dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals or food manufacturing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Some college and/or technical education preferred.
- Familiarity with installation and general repair and operation of production equipment and support systems (i.e., electrical, air, water, HVAC).
- Requires a general knowledge of GMPs, preventive maintenance documentation and PLC technology.
- Ability to read & decipher machine drawings (schematics).
- Able to work independently & problem solve high speed equipment to ensure production line runs efficiently.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn new equipment & understand PLC controller systems.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all individuals within the company.