Procurement Engineer - New Products
Direct hire opportunity in Bloomington for Procurement Engineer - New Products.
Position is contingent on criminal background and drug screen.
Target salary range is 75-85k.
Please submit resumes in Word format along with pay requirements to attention Kelly Swinjakow at email@example.com for consideration.
- Participates as a key member on Accelerated Product Design (APD) teams and represents the procurement function on assigned APD project teams.
- Engages in the product/part development, supplier selection, part sourcing, price and contract negotiation, Item setup (Oracle System), and part qualification processes.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and implements procurement strategies for purchased components to support assigned APD projects and overarching procurement objectives. Provides guidance and leadership to APD project teams on supplier selection and parts sourcing activities.
- Executes focused negotiations that drive best total cost and ensure continuous supply with focus on utilizing Strategic Suppliers wherever possible.
- Provides support to manufacturing and distribution sites and their inventory planning teams to ensure strong alignment around servicing our end customers and ensuring efficient and profitable operations.
- Sets up and manages the Supplier Pre-Production Approval Process (SPPAP) for all purchased parts within APD programs and qualification levels of those parts.
- Evaluates quotes and sets up system with logistics, part cost, inventory, value add, landed cost, make/buy analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years professional level sourcing experience.
- Exposure-knowledge with engineering-design.