Location: St. Paul Campus - 200 University
Hours: 0.5 FTE
Responsible for assisting pharmacists in the delivery of pharmacy services, which maximize outcomes in a manner consistent with Gillette and the department's mission, philosophies and in accordance with laws, regulations and hospital policies and procedures. Prepares and distributes drug orders per physician request, pharmacist request or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures and protocols, and within specified time frames. Pharmacy Technicians do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served; however, in all positions, serving patients with challenging and complex conditions requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
- Related hospital experience or combination of education and related pharmacy experience required
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the MN Board of Pharmacy or licensed as a Pharmacy Intern with the MN Board of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Demonstrated ability to learn and maintain proficiency in the use of pharmacy equipment and computer systems.
- Demonstrated attention to details and ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task in a busy environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be interested in working with people with disabilities, primarily children & adolescents and their families
- Must be able and willing to work required hours
- Previous experience in institutional pharmacy - minimum 1 yr.
- Previous experience and training in preparation of sterile products - minimum 1 year