MACHINE OPERATOR $18 FRIDAY- SUNDAY 6AM-6PM
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employees are expected to support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies, including a variety of job related tasks which may not be specific to this position profile.
1. Receive instructions from department Supervisor or Lead.
2. Record required information on manufacturing documentation accurately and neatly.
3. Perform assigned duties per documented procedures, work orders, prints and standard operating procedures (SOP's), to include asset care, and preventative maintenance requirements.
4. Apply and use continuous improvement/lean concepts and practices, such as Rapid A3 problem solving, Hour by Hour boards and 5S methodologies.
5. Collect and clean parts from assigned machines so that the performance of machines is continuously monitored.
6. Monitor machine for wheel wear or breakage.
7. Maybe required to adjust machine offsets or advise supervisor or Lead as necessary to produce a quality product.
8. Meet or exceed the production rates and notify Supervisor or Lead if rates cannot be met.
9. Ability to use problem-solving techniques to resolve simple machine problems with assistance from Supervisor or Lead.
10. Perform visual and mechanical inspections using precision inspection equipment as required by work order and IP packet to verify parts meet specifications.
11. Perform additional operations such as deburring, cleaning and packaging to satisfy production, quality, and general business requirements.
12. Assist in training other operators when required.
13. Employees may be required to supply their own equipment to perform their daily duties such as micrometer, 6-inch caliper, allen wrenches, etc.
14. Perform mandatory manufacturing stretches while working on targeted ergonomic jobs. Notify supervisor if an accommodation is required.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Lead.
16. Timely and regular attendance.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. High School degree or equivalent.
2. One (1) year machinist training course or 2 years machine shop experience or previous experience as a Specialty Grinder at Lake Region Mfg. preferred.
3. Knowledge and skill to operate Thru feed and In feed grinders and other related equipment.
4. Knowledge and skill of various inspection equipment used in machine shop to verify product meets customer specifications such as micrometer, calipers, optical measuring equipment and toolmakers scope.
5. Ability to use microscope for visual inspection for burrs and defects to ensure that the product meets specifications.
Ability to learn equipment, methods, and the desire to advance in knowledge, skills and abilities.
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at our Brooklyn Park office or you can shorten your time in our office by applying on-line at www.atlasstaffinginc.com. If you have a resume available, be ready to submit your resume when you apply.
We accept applications Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or by appointment.