Under general supervision of the HVAC/Plumbing Manager this position will inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment and assist with pluming maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves and capillary tubes.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder, torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; notify vehicle shop to maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance on fire systems.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
- Test and examine boiler operations, observing meter and pressure gauges; conduct boiler water quality test and treatment; complete boiler logs.
- Lubricate and pack heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
- Install and calibrate systems; install copper tubing and repair pipes and tubing as necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of refrigeration and air conditioning systems; flush boilers, descale tubing; rebuild pressure and temperature safety valves and water pumps.
- Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
- Fall winterization of up to 50 buildings and one 112 unit RV Park.
- Assist the Plumbing/HVAC Manager with the purchasing and budgeting of plumbing supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 year technical college graduate in HVAC and a minimum of 0-2 years' experience in HVAC OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of District heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Proper tool use, safety conscious, good organization skills, willingness to listen and learn.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, Drug Screening, and Canterbury Park's Safe Driving Policy.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Minnesota Plumbers License preferred.
- Aquatic Facilities Operator License preferred.
- RPZ tester preferred and universal EPA refrigerant license preferred.
- 1st Class C Boilers License or Special Boilers License preferred.
- Some experience with Building Automation System and Lighting System Operator. Experienced at testing and resetting barn Dry Sprinkler Systems.
- Experienced at blowing down plumbing and irrigation systems.
- Cross trained in many other mechanical fields-HVAC, Welding, or general electrical systems.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires frequent standing, walking, pushing pulling, stooping twisting, bending, climbing, squatting, crawling, kneeling, reaching above the shoulder.
- Must be comfortable with heights up to 80 ft. when using lift equipment.
- This position requires working nights, weekends & holidays, when needed.
- Requires working indoors and outdoors in all temperatures / weather conditions and in occasional smoking environments.
- Use of ladders up to 12 feet.
- Be comfortable on flat roofs up to 100ft.
- Occasional work in ceiling areas.
- Able to lift / work with 25 lb loads for 4 hours and up to 100 lbs for a short time.
- Able to climb 5 flights of stairs.
- Requires frequent wrist or hand use.
- Occasional work n ceiling areas and other confined spaces.
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Lifts-genie lifts, scissor lift, 80 ft JLG. Barn blow down compressor, 1400 cfm air compressor to blow down infield irrigation system. Construction equipment-bob cats and JD sweepers.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.