For more than 50 years, St. David’s Center has provided the highest quality of early childhood education to children ages 16 months - five years. We recognize that every child brings unique contributions and qualities to the classroom, and because of this, we use a Reggio Emilia-inspired philosophy where learning is guided collaboratively by children, teachers and environments that promote social and cognitive development through play. $1,000 Sign-on Bonus available for successful candidates!
The Teacher is responsible for the leadership, planning, and implementation of a classroom program designed to give each child an opportunity to participate in experiences that will enrich his/her development in a safe environment.
- Provide Early Childhood Education consistent with ethical best practices and St. David’s Center mission, vision and values which results in excellent services, improved child outcomes and achieving positive parent/caregiver relationships.
- Maintain and organize all records that will result in compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Create and maintain spaces that result in safe and healthy learning environments for the students both in the classroom and in shared spaces.
- Provide leadership and teaming that results in a cohesive classroom environment with collaborative staff and student relationships.
- Increase knowledge of the program, agency and field through program and agency meetings and other professional development opportunities that will result in regulatory compliance and improved services for children and families.
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, M-F
Pay: DOQ, Benefit Eligible
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Special Education OR
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Special Education and 4 years of experience working with young children OR
- Degree in Early Childhood Education and at least 1 year of experience working in an Early Childhood Special Education Classroom
- First Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education & Child Development
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with children with a range of needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to team with others
- Ability to organize and manage classroom/group of children
- Ability to adapt classroom activities to meet the needs of the students
- Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Knowledge of varied classroom management strategies
- Early Childhood teaching experience
- Experience working with students with special education needs
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.