Greet Canterbury guests at the entrance of the group areas to verify they belong to the party (wrist band the guest) and pass out information such as: betting vouchers, racing programs, brochures, playing cards, and drink tickets. Answer guest questions and give directions to various locations around the building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up all needed information (vouchers, tickets, etc.) in the Concessions Office.
- Set up tables at the entrance of the group areas with all necessary materials.
- Demonstrate strong customer service.
- Will assist in all areas of the Catering Department and/or Concessions Department when needed.
- Be able to work closely with the Captain assigned to the event to communicate a group's unexpected or last minute requests.
- May assist in taking groups to the winner's circle for sponsored race photos.
- May assist the Catering Servers when needed.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by Concessions Management.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must have an outgoing personality.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to attain a MRC license.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, twisting, bending and climbing stairs.
- Available to work varied shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Will be required to work outdoors in extreme temperatures.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.