Gift Shop Sales Attendant
Greet Canterbury Park guests and ensure they receive a high level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all guests politely.
- Read daily Group Sales Forecast and Canterbury Park promotions/events information and relay that information to guests.
- Set and maintain displays for maximum sales appeal.
- Maintain professional appearance of gift shop and items for sale.
- Observe shop inventory levels, which includes restocking as needed, reporting low total inventory for re-ordering, and counting and recording month end inventory.
- Ring all transactions through cash register, make accurate change, and provide guests with receipt for each sale.
- Run cash register and credit card reports and make cash deposits at shift end.
- Track all comp merchandise.
- Record daily coupons, discounts, and DAK messages.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous money handling experience.
- Ability to interact with guests and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- High school diploma/GED
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a flexible working schedule, which may include nights and weekends during the live race season May – September.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee must be able to stand for most if not all of their assigned shift.
- Involves frequent wrist and hand use.
- Involves frequently reaching above shoulders.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.