The primary purpose of this position is to properly wash cooking equipment and dishware and routinely clean the kitchen area. This position may also assist with food prep when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for properly wash cooking equipment/dishware (pots, pans, plates, cups, and etc.) and routinely cleaning the kitchen area.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen cleanliness including but not limited to the cleaning of equipment as well as general tasks such as wiping tables, sweeping and mopping floors
- Ensure that proper sanitation procedures are followed at all time.
- Assist kitchen staff with production and putting away orders.
- Adherence to safety protocols is required.
- Expected to assist in all areas of Food & Beverage Department when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Highly motivated and dependable.
- Communication: coordinating with fellow co-workers to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner and service areas have the dishware needed to serve our guests
- Teamwork: We employ a large kitchen team that needs to work together and create a consistent and pleasing dining experience for our guests.
- Canterbury Park conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Ability to follow directions
- Able to multitask with good attention to detail
Working Conditions and General Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility of schedule is required. Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Stamina: This position requires frequent standing and walking. Able to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Kitchen work is fast paced and high stress with high temperatures, lots of people and loud noises.
- Frequent pushing and pulling of carts, lifting of bus tubs, handling of hot dishes.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.