Direct Support Professional - FT or PT, Internal Pool Position
Homeward Bound serves children, adolescents and adults with a variety of disabilities, but we have the unique capacity of meeting the needs of those with the most severe and profound disabilities. Our mission is, “Providing innovative & life enriching services to children, adolescents and adults with disabilities.”
Program Resource Network Specialist
If you crave variety and need flexibility, this position maybe for you. People in this position work 4-6 of our homes with a variety of individuals. Your schedule will stay the same but the shift location within the homes will vary. This opportunity is for direct care professionals with four years of post-high school education and/or experience with Developmental Disability population. This position requires the ability to work at several homes. Responsibilities include assisting people with daily living skills, meal preparation, medication administration, community activities and maintaining a clean, safe environment in an assigned group home. This is a lead staff, direct care position.
Current open positions to include:
- Monday-Friday Evenings or Days/Evenings
- Every Weekend Days/Evenings
A GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE is available including:
- Paid Time Off - up to 6 hours per pay period
- Health Insurance - several plans to choose from
- Dental Insurance - Premium paid for employee
- Life Insurance - FREE for employee
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 403(b) (retirement plan) - employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement - for employees working toward a degree in the healthcare field
Most supervisory positions are filled by current employees, creating excellent opportunities for advancement.
- 4 years post-high school education and/or experience with DD population.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate superior performance in the principles of active treatment.
- Be a high performer with a good record and excellent attendance.
- You must be 18 years of age or older for all direct support positions.
- A valid Minnesota driver's license with a good driving record is mandatory.
- You must be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds as most of our individuals require assistance with transfers.
- You must be able to understand, speak, read, and write the English language.
- Because we provide services to vulnerable children and adults Homeward Bound will only employ applicants who pass a criminal background check.
Apply on our website (hbimn.org)
Apply in person to 12805 Highway 55, Suite 400, Plymouth, MN 55441
Applications accepted Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 3:00pm.
**Please note: Sending in your resume does not take the place of completing an application.**
Keywords: hha, homehealth aid, pca, personal care attendant, direct support professional, caregiver, cna, dsp, direct care, group home