Catering Attendant II
Set up a banquet room according to Banquet Event form details and maintain and keep the buffet clean and stocked. Handle all food items according to health department guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up all necessary items in the Concessions Office prior to starting (Banquet Event forms, drink tickets, etc.).
- Set-up a banquet room or area according to Banquet Event form specifications, including buffets, dining tables, etc.
- Make sure all TV's are on in the area and working and lights are on
- Transports all food items needed for the event to proper area
- Refill all hot and cold items on the buffet
- Provide support to culinary team by notifying them in a timely manner when more food is needed for the event
- Pays attention to the quality and freshness of the food
- Cleaning and tearing down of buffets and areas , washing and returning all utensils to banquet area
- Return food from Event to kitchen and check with culinary team on procedures of disposing of the food items
- Maintain prompt and courteous customer service to all guests throughout the day.
- Work closely with supervisors to communicate a group's unexpected or last minute needs.
- Being proactive by filling out requisition forms to ensure needed supplies will be delivered in time for upcoming functions.
- Assist in taking groups to the winner's circle for sponsored race photos.
- Assist in all areas of the Concessions Department as needed.
- Assist the Catering Greeter as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned, which may include plated events
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have an outgoing personality.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Catering /Buffet service experience preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a flexible working schedule, which may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, twisting, bending, pushing, pulling or climbing stairs.
- Requires doing repetitive hand and wrist movements.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- This position sometimes involves working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.