Catering Attendant I
Set up and tear down of buffets, and keeping the buffet stocked and replenished in a timely manner while the buffet is opened.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refills all hot and cold items on the buffet.
- Provides support to the culinary team by notifying them in a timely manner when certain food items are needed.
- Pays attention to quality and freshness of food by changing the pans as required.
- Ensures that all equipment is clean and in proper working condition. Floors need to be cleaned daily.
- Transports all dirty utensils and serving pans to the dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
- Handle all food items according to health department guidelines.
- Maintain prompt and courteous customer service to all guests.
- Assist in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have an outgoing personality.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Previous customer service experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a flexible working schedule, which may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, twisting, bending, pushing, pulling or climbing stairs.
- Requires doing repetitive hand and wrist movements.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- This position sometimes involves working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.