Serve Canterbury guests in a courteous and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guests and/or servers with cocktails consistently and efficiently.
- Maintain constant inventory of all liquor and other products in the bar.
- Maintain sanitation of all areas and equipment.
- Handle cash/credit transactions and cash control.
- Follow through on all policies and procedures in conjunction with alcohol awareness training. (Refusing service, asking for ID's, etc.)
- Demonstrate a positive, courteous and helpful manner towards guests, horsemen and other employees.
- Clean work area throughout shift and at closing.
- Sweep, empty trash, and/or clean-up other areas as needed.
- Report unsafe conditions, anticipate hazards, take precautions and report injuries promptly to direct supervisor or Security.
- Take a closing inventory of all controllable items, record on stand sheet and fill out requisitions for next day as needed.
- Responsible for safekeeping of Canterbury Park Concessions supplies and property.
- Prepare money pickups when requested.
- Assist in all areas of Concessions Department when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous bartending experience.
- Strong customer services skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure.
- Must be adaptable, versatile and tactful in dealings with the public.
- TIPS certification is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a flexible working schedule, which may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the position requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, twisting and bending.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Requires frequent wrist or hand use.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.